Home Staging Tips
You’ve heard it before - It’s all about first impressions!
Home staging helps your home look more attractive while highlighting some of its best features. If your home is on the market, your goal is to make potential buyers feel like they could live there, and the best way to do this is to neutralize the surroundings.
Below are some helpful styling tips to help put your home in prime showing shape!
- Clear out your closets, cupbords and de-clutter all rooms.
- Focus on highlighting the most visible areas in your home (foyer, kitchen, living room, master suite, family room, etc.)
- Remove personal items such as family photos and souvenirs
- Put away large items - porcelains, plates and vases to create more space
- In the summer, water your grass and garden 30 minutes before an open house - this will make your lawn sparkle
- Do not cook heavily spiced or strong scented foods (fish, garlic etc.)
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens and dishes
- Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home
- Uses mirrors to help smaller rooms look more spacious
- Use as much natural light as possible
- Make small repairs to faucets, squeaking doors and fences
- Bring another set of eyes to help you catch something you may have overlooked